Friday, April 17, 2015

100TC #21 - Sacrifice


Here is number 21 of my 100 Themes Writing Challenge. This one is a short and rather spontaneous prose I have written a few weeks ago, titled In Times of War and based on the theme 'sacrifice'. Enjoy ;)

***

- SACRIFICE -
In Times of War

It is quite funny to see how much one can change from a day to the next. I used to be such a calm person, so peaceful, never looking for trouble. That is until war was declared. I never thought I would fight such a battle yet here I am, on the front row, ready to reclaim what is mine by right.

I never looked for trouble, in fact I have been avoiding it all my life. Yet, when someone attacks what you believe in, when someone tries to take away what is yours, it changes you. For the best or for the worst? That I know not, but I know there is a flame in my chest that is growing stronger everyday. To reclaim what is mine I will be ready to use any means necessary. What am I expected to do, fight a fair fight? We are way beyond this. When the enemy does not follow a righteous path, it is one's duty to reply in such a manner.

You cannot expect to try and take away our freedom without a fight. Know this, we are stronger than you. We are better organised. We will win this war and you will lose everything. No one is born yet who will strip me of my rights. No one is born who will steal from me. No one is born who will fail to respect me and go unpunished.

You might not be aware of the war you started, but the resistance is here. And way stronger than all of your pathetic 'soldiers'. Together we are strong, and together we will win. You will fall, you will fail, and you will never get back on your feet.

You started messing with the wrong person. I used to be peaceful once, but in times of war you need to change, you need to get tough and fight back if you want to protect what is yours. In times of war there is no more respect, only strategy. And my mind is stronger than yours. You started messing with the wrong person and you will be punished for this. It will not only be a failure, it will be your doom. I will never forget this nor forgive.

In times of war, justice will always triumph. I will win and you will lose. It is only a matter of time. I will revel in my victory, but even more in your loss. I will be on top watching you fall, I will be the hand that pushes you downhill and laughs. Victory will be blissful, your defeat will be ecstatic.

I look forward to see you fail. I look forward to the joy and satisfaction it will bring me. Victory is right in my sight, and I will seize it.

This is war. And you will lose.

***

(c) Copyright 2015 David Giroux aka Hope Alexander for the text
Painting : Kasimir Malevitch, White on White, 1918

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think